Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's been a while...

Still here. Life outside of my programming projects (taxes, children, work, family vacation) have been a huge interruption. I wrote a basic h.264 encoder a while back, and have had trouble getting the output stream to play correctly in your day to day media players. Turns out that after using some tricks in ffmpeg, I'm not encoding frames incorrectly. It's almost definitely that my mp4 container is encoding data incorrectly and throwing everything off. So, I'm now writing an mp4 container encoder. All of these atom types are spectacularly boring, but you have to slog your way through it all to make a credible and functional encoder. I hope to have something working in the coming days and finally I'll be able to play some of my home-made video. Then, I'll have a LOT more to say about h.264, mp4/Quicktime.

No comments:

Post a Comment